Wanna have coffee?


Australian blogger Matt Kulesza decided he was going to take 3 years (or however long it takes) to have coffee with each of his Facebook friends (he has 1,088). He started a blog called 1000+ Coffees. I thought that sounded like a fun idea, so I decided to try it. I have 1,070 FB friends scattered around the world, so I won't get to meet everybody, but I am willing to travel reasonable distances...or meet up with you on a trip somewhere. If you are my FB friend and would like to get together, send me a message on FaceBook and let's set something up. I'll use this blog for reports and photos.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Coffee #3 - Jessica "Moms" Brown

Friends on FB since 2008, 37 mutual friends

(Thanks, Kari Peterson for taking the photo)

Jessica "Moms" Brown is another one of those people who have been in my world forever, but we never seem to get together.  Her daughter Sarah (Sarge) Clanton went to school with our kids (and, in fact, was a speaker at Paul's funeral).

Jessica and I have been to a couple of movies together,but this was the first time we have actually sat down and had a chat.  It was very pleasant. We discovered we had a lot in common.

We went to Mishka's Cafe, and it was delightfully pleasant to sit outside (and you'll note we are both drinking coffee this time)  We chatted about all sorts of things, from what it was like to watch the Giants win the playoffs last night, our respective grandchildren, our love of TV and dogs, and just all sorts of things, including Twitter.  She asked me to explain it to her.  I did...sort of...and we both agreed that Facebook was better suited to old farts like us.

I don't know how long we were there, but I thoroughly enjoyed my visit with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment